Santa Maria is a catalyst and advocate for Greater Price Hill families to attain their educational, financial, and health goals.
Our vision is for Greater Price Hill to be a vibrant, thriving, and self-sustaining community.
- Children are kindergarten-ready, and youth have supports to continue their education;
- Families attain economic health through job and housing stability and successfully integrate into the community;
- Family members achieve health and wellness through access to health services and support programs;
- Santa Maria Community Services leads the collaborative community efforts to strengthen Price Hill.
- We keep physical safety, emotional well-being, and any other relevant factors of our program participants, staff, volunteers, and partners in the forefront and report any concerns or incidents related to their safety.
- We guard a high level of confidentiality for our program participants.
- We have zero tolerance for violence, harassment, bullying, or any form of abusive behavior toward our colleagues or others.
- We maintain open channels of communication for program participants, staff, volunteers, and partners to express concerns, provide feedback, and report safety issues.
- We create a trauma-informed, safe, and non-judgmental environment where staff and program participants feel comfortable discussing their experiences and seeking assistance, sharing ideas, and taking risks.
- We value all people and encourage participation and contributions from all individuals.
- We seek out diverse perspectives, listen attentively, and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard and respected.
- We work with individuals and families to help remove barriers that keep them from reaching their full potential.
- We examine our own biases and assumptions and reflect on how these may influence our interactions and decision-making.
- We challenge and speak out against inequities and unfair practices.
- We build trust.
- We are open and approachable, and we actively listen to one another.
- We treat our program participants, colleagues, and partners with respect.
- We go beyond transactional relationships aiming to understand program participants’ lived experiences, individual circumstances, emotions, and perspectives.
- We co-create with program participants solutions to help them and their families thrive.
- We choose to focus on the bright side, find joy in everyday moments, and approach challenges as opportunities.
- We practice gratitude by acknowledging and appreciating the good things in our lives.
- We take care of our physical and emotional well-being to the best of our abilities.
- We value a curious mindset and a thirst for knowledge.
- We engage in continuous learning through reading, attending lectures or webinars, and participating in educational activities.
- We help individuals recognize their strengths and provide opportunities for skill-building, learning, and personal growth.
- We encourage individuals to take initiative, think independently, and take actions that align with their goals and values.
- We celebrate the achievements and successes of individuals, recognizing their contributions and efforts and acknowledging both large and small accomplishments.
- We provide colleagues with the necessary resources, training, and guidance to support them in their roles.
- We delegate authority and assign responsibilities to our colleagues, allowing them to take ownership of their work, make decisions, and learn from their experiences.