Santa Maria Community Services is proud of its staff of vibrant, passionate, committed professionals who work each day to help families help themselves and make the Price Hill community a better place to live. If you share that energy and are driven by a desire to serve your neighbors, Santa Maria would love to get to know you! Send general inquiries and résumé to Gladys Bell, Human Resource Associate, at 617 Steiner Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45204, Fax #513-557-2726, or email HR@santamaria-cincy.org.
Current Open Positions
Lower Price Hill Sports League Coach
Accountable to: Youth Development Program Coordinator
Objective(s): To improve athletic skills in the youth of Lower Price Hill
– Experience with children
– Basic knowledge of basketball, football, softball, volleyball and soccer
– Physically able to engage in what is being taught
– Experience coaching is a bonus
– Provide the necessary practice, support and advice for the team to engage in healthy competition in a sports season.
– Plan and execute age appropriate drills for the boys and girls in the LPH sports league
– Guide and support youth mentors who are assistant coaches in the league
– Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
– Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:30-5pm (5 hours); 1 hour a week for planning. (6 hours. total)
Submit resume & cover letter to: Gladys Bell, Human Resource Associate at 617 Steiner Avenue Cincinnati OH 45204 (HR@santamaria-cincy.org or fax #513-557-2726) by Tuesday, December 12, 2017. Date of Notice: November 28, 2017
Human Resources Manager
Accountable to: Chief Financial Officer
– Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, human services or a related field.
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience in human resources
– Training and/or certification in Human Resources preferred
– Familiarity with compensation and benefits
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including relationship/team building and outreach.
– Excellent organization skills
– Proficient computer skills
– Ability to relate to and communicate well with diverse people
– Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality.
Objective: To coordinate various aspects of human resources management & development to ensure the Agency’s compliance with all relevant, laws, rules and regulations and that the HR department functions efficiently.
-Oversee all job postings, resumes and notices related to hiring
-Conduct agency orientation for new staff
-Conduct exit interviews with all exiting staff
-Conduct investigations of employee complaints/concerns
-Facilitate communication that supports productive employee relations and organizational development
-Maintain Agency organizational chart
-Oversee agency personnel records to ensure all necessary information is contained and up to date and to legal compliance is maintained
-Coordinate agency benefit plans
-Coordinate planning for agency all-staff meetings
-Plan and coordinate agency annual holiday party
-Plan and coordinate agency annual United Way Campaign
-Oversee regular review & revision of agency Employee Handbook as well as agency human resources policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and that the agency’s needs are met.
-Coordinate annual employee performance review process & procedure.
-Ensure all required employment postings/notifications are kept up to date and visible in each location.
-Work closely with the other administrative teams and agency management team.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
Submit resume & cover letter to: Shari Patrick, Comptroller, at 617 Steiner Avenue Cincinnati OH 45204 (HR@santamaria-cincy.org
or fax #513-557-2726) by Thursday, November 30, 2017.
Bilingual Family Support Worker
Accountable To: ECS Supervisor
Objective: Provide home visiting to first time mothers and an optimal start for their children ages 0-3.
• Bachelor’s degree required in early childhood, social work, education, nursing or related field.
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally diverse families and communities
• Ability to work independently
• Maintain a caseload of 25 families delivering on average 42 home visits a month
• Participate in required trainings and certification through Santa Maria, Every Child Succeeds and HMG
• Complete documentation and administrative work within expected time frames
• Connect families with community resources
• Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
• Attend agency and team meetings. Participate in community events as scheduled
• Be available one evening a week or a weekend day as needed to meet the needs of families that have day time commitments
• Connect families with needed and available community resources
• Serve as an advocate to families
• Establish and maintain caring and consistent relationships with families through an open-minded, non-judgmental attitude
Submit resume to: Gladys Bell, HR at 617 Steiner Ave, Cincinnati, Oh 45204 (email: email@example.com or fax 513-557-2726)
Date of notice: October 25, 2017
Child Care Advocate
- Accountable to: Early Childhood Supervisory Staff
- Objective: To improve the quality of child care programs through the provision of coaching, observing, assessing and training.
- BA in Early childhood or related area
- Experience working with children and parents and knowledge of early childhood development
- Must be able to operate in a self-directed and organized manner
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, verbally and in writing
- Experience working collaboratively in a diverse neighborhood setting while maintaining professional boundaries
- Must have evening and weekend availability
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a clear background check
- Provide a minimum of 20/hours week of direct coaching and outreach services to assigned providers and programs
- Complete and submit all required documentation in a timely manner
- Serve as a liaison and resource between child care programs, the agency and the community
- Develop relationships with customers as partners based on a strength based approach
- Become familiar with contracts, grants and perform duties as outlined
- Participate in regular agency/site planning and staff meetings
- Participate in projects, activities, or community events as assigned
- Participate in trainings, supervision, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
AmeriCorps Service Opportunities
Santa Maria is proud affiliate of AmeriCorps Project Advance. Make a difference in your community and help others by serving in a year-long, full-time position at a local nonprofit while earning a living stipend and a college tuition award. Positions include: Health Educators, GED Tutors, Employment Coaches, ESL Class Coordinators, and Housing Support Specialists. Click here to find out more about Santa Maria’s AmeriCorps Program.
Santa Maria Community Services, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or service delivery based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, or physical or mental disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform the job, in accordance with applicable laws.