Santa Maria Community Services is proud of its staff of vibrant, passionate, committed professionals who work each day to help families help themselves and make the Price Hill community a better place to live. If you share that energy and are driven by a desire to serve your neighbors, Santa Maria would love to get to know you! Send general inquiries and résumé to Ageenah Herrick, Human Resources Manager, at 617 Steiner Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45204, Fax #513-557-2726, or email Ageenah.Herrick@santamaria-cincy.org.
Current Open Positions
Accountable to: Comptroller
Objective: To provide basic general maintenance and repairs to Santa Maria & Santa Maria Properties facilities as requested.
- High school diploma or GED minimum and at least two years’ experience in general building maintenance/trades.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and transportation.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Must be able to work well both around others and independently.
- Ability to relate to and communicate well with diverse people, including staff, volunteers, customers, vendors and the public.
- Experience with and sensitivity to people with a variety of cultural backgrounds, including Appalachian, African-American and Hispanic.
- A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Complete maintenance duties as assigned at Santa Maria’s & Santa Maria Properties’ various facilities.
- Coordination of outside contractors.
- Purchase of materials and keep careful records of purchases.
- Provide own tools for the work unless there is prior approval to purchase or rent specific tools needed for specific jobs.
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
- Provide regular updates to Supervisor and/or key staff on progress of all jobs/projects.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
AmeriCorps Service Opportunities
Santa Maria is proud affiliate of AmeriCorps Project Advance. Make a difference in your community and help others by serving in a year-long, full-time position at a local nonprofit while earning a living stipend and a college tuition award. Positions include: Health Educators, Education Instructors, Employment Coaches, ESL Class Coordinators, and Housing Support Specialists. Click here to find out more about Santa Maria’s AmeriCorps Program.
Santa Maria Community Services, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or service delivery based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, or physical or mental disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform the job, in accordance with applicable laws.