Santa Maria Community Services is pleased to announce it has received five grants supporting its programs and services for the 2019 year. The grants were awarded by the Crosset Family Fund, the Maxwell C. Weaver Foundation, the L&L Nippert Charitable Foundation, the SC Ministry Foundation, and the Scripps Howard Foundation for the following programs and services:
- The Crosset Family Fund awarded Santa Maria $10,000 for the agency’s Youth Development Program, which provides youth with opportunities to develop life skills, build character, and participate in healthy recreational activities.
- The Maxwell C. Weaver Foundation awarded Santa Maria $5,000 for the programming within its Literacy Center West, which provides youth age 16+ with employment coaching and training to receive a High School Equivalency.
- The L&L Nippert Charitable Foundation awarded Santa Maria $25,000 for the programming within its Literacy Center West, which provides youth age 16+ with employment coaching and training to receive a High School Equivalency.
- The SC Ministry Foundation awarded Santa Maria a grant for the agency’s Promoting our Preschoolers program, a family-focused kindergarten-readiness program that work collaboratively with families, schools, and the community through home visitation.
- The Scripps Howard Foundation awarded Santa Maria $2,000 through the Scripps Howard Communications Internship Program which provides the agency’s Development Department with a Communications student intern for 2019.